20 November 2007

Yipee!

I finally got the copy of the book in which my article appears. Hee! :)

It actually arrived last Wednesday, but I was not around to receive it, so I had to have it sent to the post office closest to our place (just across the street from our flat, hehe) and pick it up there. So I got the book this afternoon, and it was just so awesome seeing my name on there that I had to allow myself a foolish smile first, before I could move on to my next errand for the day.

Please note that among the contributors to the anthology, I’m the only one who doesn’t have a PhD, so if you find something problematic in my essay, or if you think it’s the worst essay in the bunch, that’s all I have to say to you. Hehe.

Anyhoo, here's the promised table of contents. I am second to the last on this list. :-) (The articles are actually quite interesting, if you care to browse. :))



P.S. I haven’t really done any writing today (yet again!), but for some reason, I’m not so worried about it. I’m feeling rather fine. :)

2 comments:

unwrecked said...

hey, i'm interested. any way i could get a copy of the book... i'm reading on social inequalities and the role of language. puro theories pa. pero very interesting. i'm considering developing an essay on this one pero gusto ko phils para real and through my own lens. kaya this will be perfect sana as a material (for reference, etc.). wala masyado on phils dito eh....

baka may complimentary copies ka? hehehehe. :) asa pa ko. pero sana available sa amazon. bili po ko mam...

and of course, congrats! hmm... the perfect woman...? kilala ko ba yan? hehehehe. joke.

regards kay crammer!

FenceSitter said...

Hahaha. Thanks, toix! :) Uhm, it's a UP Press book, and it just came out, so I don't think it'll be available on Amazon. As for complimentary copies, I just got mine also--and one copy lang. :( Do you know someone going home this Dec who may be able to get the book for you?

Also, if you're interested, you may check out the works of Ruanni Tupas and Alan Bernardo. They're language and literacy people who advance a more critical position in the language debates in the Philippines. Marami silang journal articles which you can probably access through your school's e-journal database.

The crammer is not cramming right now, but playing poker and attacking my slayer and vampire and zombie and werewolf. Hahaha.

Take care, Toix! :)