31 October 2007

A Little Bit Thai, A Little Bit Indian

Originally posted 29 October 2007.

-----
Because we were getting tired of our own cooking, we decided to go to Joe's Kitchen for dinner tonight. Joe's is a Thai restaurant, but for some reason, many of its dishes taste like Filipino food to me, at least after the chili is put aside. Hehe. I think what I really want to say here is that food at Joe's tastes like the way Thai food is cooked in the Philippines. Which means I really like it. :-) Then again, I basically order the same thing every time I go there anyway, so I don't have any means of judging the dishes I haven't tried. Whatever! Joe's is just really good food. And quite affordable too! :-)

We had crispy seafoood tofu, pineapple rice, fried chili fish (chili definitely on the side), and, for dessert, the yummy sticky rice with mango.






I know the food could have used more color, but that means mixing in the chili, which is a no-no for me. So, I'm sorry if the food in these pics looks a little bland.

Anyhoo, after dinner, we went to Little India to see the lights and do some chocolate-shopping at Mustafa. Here are some pics of the lights and me. No pics of the chocolates, because chocolates are private. Hahaha.


No comments: