06 December 2007

So NOT My Day

Today, well, yesterday actually, was one of the worst days I've ever had in this country. It rained all day, and it rained really, really hard. I suppose if I had stayed in, it would have been ok (I probably would have enjoyed it actually given it could be the perfect excuse to stay in bed and sleep all day), but I had to be out to meet my supervisor for lunch and do some express photocopying of stuff I just realized I would need for the papers that I couldn't seem to write. Sigh. Then, I also had to pick up something after my errands at NUS.

Anyway, I thought at first the rain would let up after a few hours, because that's how it rains here. 'Pabugso-bugso' is, I think, the perfect word to describe it. But it just went on and on, even gaining strength as the day wore on. I wouldn't have minded if I were to stay only in NUS, but as I said, I had to go somewhere else after NUS. It was just so uncomfortable, quite a balancing act actually, getting on the bus, then on the MRT with loads of photocopies, a bottle of water, an umbrella, and my big black bag with my big, fat notebooks. (I wish I could go digital on everything and not use notebooks, but I love notebooks, big, fat ones, and I love writing on them.)

So I finally reached my destination at exactly that time when everyone else was rushing to get into the train station. I swear I was swept by the current once or twice. At one point, I really had to fight my way against the crowd. Around this time too, I was already beginning to get a little dizzy. My hyperacidity was also beginning to act up. I told myself I shouldn't have had that third cup of coffee and that I should have eaten before I left the campus. But, well, too late for that.

Good thing the person I was meeting up with was there already, so getting the package was pretty easy and didn't give me any trouble. I suppose this would be the highlight of the day, too. Remember the perfect gift I was talking about last time? That was the thing I had to pick up. :) And remember I said I'd get one for myself? Well, I did. :) I got the small red one. Hee! Until now, I can't believe how small it is. And there's actually a part of me that can't believe I paid some good money for it. Oh well, we'll see if it's worth it in a month or two.

Getting back to the flat was definitely easier than all the trips I had to take earlier, but it was still very tiring. Plus, this time, I had two additional packages: the thing--and dinner. I had thought of eating at the restaurant, but I also wanted to just go home and be comfortable, so I decided on takeaway. I thought my arms were going to fall off as I walked to the flat from the MRT station. It was still raining at this point, though not as hard as earlier, and I had to walk real slow, because the roads were slippery. But still, I was inching closer and closer to home, and I could already see my building, so it wasn't so bad.

Finally, finally, I was at the flat. I changed into comfy 'pambahay' clothes and got the food out. I was so looking forward to enjoying my fried mozzarella, creamy mushroom pasta, and ribs. But I suppose it just wasn't my day. While the mozzarella and ribs were okay (note: 'okay,' not 'really good' or 'good'), the pasta was the sweetest creamy mushroom pasta I'd ever tasted. It was like eating some kind of weird dessert. To top it all off, a monster of a headache began to make its presence felt just when I gave up on the pasta.

Hay. I should sleep now.

2 comments:

unwrecked said...

ei,

you can go digital and still write on paper (di nga lang big, fat notebook but 5x8 memo pads). :) search this sa web coz i just got one myself and i'm happy with it:

it's the DIGIMEMO... it's a portfolio sized 'tablet'... with a special pen. and you write your notes on it (5x8 ordinary paper) and it digitizes your notes as you write. and then you (usb) connect it to your laptop once you get home and then charan! ang notes mo (in your own handwriting) get transferred to your laptop. it can also convert it into word documents... magic! :) so galing!

so far, happy ako with it... got it nung dec 4. it's not very popular but i think it's very useful. :)

lemme guess, you got yourself the ipod touch no? :) hehehehe. just thinking...coz everyone seems to be getting that these days.

good luck with the writing. i'm having trouble with the same these days... have 3 papers all due next week. pakshet :)

regards dyan kay me_cram... i really miss her pasabi. :)

inggit ako dahil uwi na kayo....

Anonymous said...

OMG! :) it sounds so cool. ok, will check this out. hihi, am so excited. :)

nope, am not getting the ipod touch though i would so love to. walang budget for that. hehe.

thanks for the tip, toix. and good luck on your papers too. ang hirap magsulat. hay!